I have bought a new phone. How can I transfer my data to the new phone
- Install aWallet Cloud to your new phone.
- Use the same Gmail account in Google Play so you don't have to purchase it again.
- On the initialization screen select "Restore from cloud".
- Select cloud (Dropbox or Google Drive) you've used in the old phone, press OK.
- Choose your cloud account email (the same as on the old phone) and allow aWallet to be linked with the selected cloud.
Is there aWallet Cloud for iPhone?
I got aWallet Cloud app. How can I import data from aWallet free app
Please do not uninstall the free aWallet till you finish the rest of these steps!
- Open aWallet Cloud, and if you've initialized it already press Menu | Reset aWallet (or just reinstall aWallet Cloud).
- In the initialization screen select "Import existing aWallet data".
- You should see dialog: "Data restored from: .../Android/data/org.awallet.free/files/data.crypt".
- On the next screen select either Dropbox or Google drive, press OK.
- Choose your cloud account, and allow aWallet Cloud to be linked with the selected cloud.
- Once you successfully transfer data to aWallet Cloud you can uninstall the free version.
I've imported data to aWallet Cloud from existing aWallet app, should I keep both versions of aWallet
- aWallet Cloud and aWallet are independent applications. You can uninstall aWallet original.
I bought the Cloud version to synchronize phone and tablet but I can't seem to figure out how to do that
- Install aWallet Cloud on the phone
- Install aWallet Cloud on the tablet
- If you have already installed aWallet Cloud on the tablet then reinstall it (or reset it by pressing Menu | Reset aWallet)
- In the initial screen select "Restore from cloud"
- Choose your existing Cloud account. Allow linking with aWallet Cloud if you are asked to.
Can aWallet Cloud work offline? I don't have access to the internet in the work
- aWallet Cloud doesn't need to have access to the internet to operate. It works offline the same way as aWallet free/original. It only will not synchronize data with the cloud while it is offline. Data will synchronize when you use aWallet Cloud online again.
When I buy aWallet Cloud, can I use it with all my devices for a single purchase?
Is the price one time payment or a monthly fee?
How can I change cloud account
- Unlock aWallet Cloud
- Press the menu button on the home screen
- Choose Settings / Cloud / Change cloud
- Select the cloud (Google Drive or Dropbox) and select the Upload option.
How can I restore older version of data.crypt file from the cloud
- If you use Google Drive please see Restore Google Drive revision
- If you use Dropbox:
- Open aWallet Dropbox folder in desktop web browser: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Apps/aWallet%20Cloud
- Right click the data.crypt file and select "Previous versions"
- Select any version and click the "Restore" button
- Open aWallet Cloud in your Android phone or tablet and press the synchronize button on the home screen
- aWallet Cloud will download the restored revision
I'm getting error: No data was downloaded from cloud. But data.crypt file is in the cloud
- When Google Drive is concerned... this can happen if you copy the data.crypt file to the cloud manually. In this case aWallet cannot see the file because it can only see files it has created itself in Google Drive. aWallet don't have permission to see or read other files.
- If you use Dropbox... it stores application data in specific folders e.g. in "Dropbox/Apps/aWallet Cloud". aWallet can access files only within this folder after it gets the necessary permission. Therefore let aWallet to create this file itself. Otherwise aWallet may not be allowed see this file.
During synchronization aWallet gives "Error talking to cloud" message
- There is something wrong with the cloud connection. It is most likely temporary network problem which should be solved automatically. If not try restarting your phone.
- Check if the cloud is not full (common issue with Dropbox).
- Also make sure you are not connecting through a network which blocks connections to clouds (e.g. some company WiFi networks or some mobile networks when data plan is reached).
Can not open data.crypt file to see passwords
- The data.crypt file backup is encrypted and can't be opened directly. aWallet Cloud reads and writes it automatically.
- The backup in the cloud is useful in the situation you lose your phone or if it stops working. In this case you can install aWallet Cloud to a new phone and choose "Restore from Cloud" in the initialization screen.
- The cloud backup is also useful if you want to keep aWallet data synchronized in multiple Android devices automatically.
Purchased aWallet Cloud from Play. When try to synchronize, get message: aWallet Cloud licence not verified
- You are connected to the internet - which you probably are - so that Google Play can verify the license.
- You are using the same Gmail account on your phone as was used for buying the app.
- Try pressing the synchronize button several times. It sometimes takes a while till the info about the purchase is delivered from Google Play to the phone.
- Try restarting the phone. Sometimes the phone is in a wrong condition and restart helps to renew internet connection.
- If you did not enter much data since this stopped working, reinstall aWallet Cloud (you should not pay again). After you reinstalling choose: Restore from cloud option on the second screen.
- As a last resort see this post.
If you still have problems, please contact the support by email.